LMHRC 2017-2018 Essay Contest
League of Minnesota Human Rights Commissions
Annual Essay Contest
2017 - 2018
Contest Rules & Guidelines
- All sixth, seventh and eighth grade students are eligible to participate by submitting one entry.
- Essays may be from one to three pages in length, double-spaced.
- Essay topic: 2018 topic is currently under consideration
- Entry deadline: February 28, 2018
Please note that teachers or local Human Rights Commissions usually set earlier deadlines for submission, so to be able to select the first place essay from their class or community. Only one essay per commission or organization will be accepted by the League for consideration.
- Plans for a recognition program for the students whose essays were selected by the League will be announced at a later date.
- Awards: to be determined
Only students and teachers whose essays are selected for First, Second and Third Prize or Honorable Mention will be contacted.